Monday 14 January 2013

Sin6 Tournament - List Locked In [Space Wolves]

[My army from last year's 600pt tournament]
Hi,

My last post showed I was dithering about my final list for this year's Sin6 tournament which is later this month.

As usually happens I considered all the options I was dithering over and went "Sod it, I'm going to try something new".  In reality I decided that having a sizeable long fang unit or a big unit of 4 thunderwolf cavalry was probably putting too many eggs in one basket.  I was also still worrying about tzeentch daemons who, with their screamers and flamers, invalidate a lot of the marine advantages (good toughness and armour save).

My idea was to add some cheap attacks into the list, and that was through adding in fenrisian wolves.  By cutting all the other units down slightly (and removing the quad gun) I was able to come up with the following list:

10 Grey Hunters (2 Flamers) - 150
10 Grey Hunters (2 Plasma guns) - 160
3 Thunderwolf Cavalry (1 Lightning Claw) - 170
12 Fenrisian Wolves - 96
4 Long Fangs (3 Missile Launchers) - 90
Total: 666 pts

Of course rewriting a list less than 10 minutes before the submission deadline has it's risks, particularly when I have only used fenrisian wolves once (about half a year ago).  In this case, can you guess which special rules affecting fenrisian wolves that I remembered the wrong way round ?  The error does leave a big weakness in the list, and I would definitely would have changed the list slightly to mitigate the weakness.

Let me know what you think of the final list.

I just hope it stops snowing so I can undercoat some models tonight :)

Rathstar

2 comments:

  1. Why is it "sucky" ? Is it a bad list, and if so why ? Is it an overpowered list and no fun to play against ?

    Overall the list did well, it lost to genestealer heavy nids, but won the other 5 games.

    Rathstar

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails