Friday 3 September 2010

Once More Into the Breach...


Time seems to fly much too fast these days, with battle reports still in drafting, I have another tournament to go to tomorrow.

This time I'll be driving to Oxford for a 3 game, 1 day, tournament.

I must apologise to all of you who are waiting me to finish the battle reports for the last three tournament I have attended, but I will make some progress next week.

I'm really worried about the chances of my Tau finishing in the top half of this tournament. Although they (and I) have performed well so far this year with a record of 8-1-1 over three tournaments, but I have to admit I have been lucky with the draws. This tournament they put up the attendees and what armies they are using, and when I look at the list I easily recognise a high number of good generals, and the armies used are dominated by Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Orks & Blood Angels. Not surprisingly with a more competitive tournament (it's part of a set of tournaments where the top players will be going to a final) there are no necrons, dark eldar or other Tau armies for me to draw against.

Quick Update: I just read the forum thread about the tournament and the armies I could face are:

Imperial Guard 2

Space wolves 9
Blood Angels 2
Orks 1
Tau 1
Tyranids 2
Black templars 2
Chaos warriors 1
Space marines 1
Daemons of chaos 1
Eldar 1
Sisters 1

So Space Wolves taking nearly half the field, and 3+ armour save making up exactly two thirds (16/24) of the field, my Dark Eldar are looking envious at my Tau wishing they had been picked for this tournament.

With Space Wolves making up so much of the field I should get some Space Wolves experience to help me hone my Space Wolves tactics, lets hope they don't smash my Tau too badly. I need to get used to playing Space Wolves with my Tau, as my assembling (let alone painting) of my Space Wolves is going well too slow for them to be ready for my Oct & Nov tournaments.


Undeterred I'm going to give it my best, and will let you know how I get on later in the weekend.

In upcoming posts I found a lovely model (toy) to represent Tyranid Spore Pods, and I've bought some of the old rhinos and razorbacks from ebay to give myself the option of playing a totally mech Space Wolf army. Blog posts concerning where to get the Tyranid Spore Pod model, and my musing on hybrid vs mech space wolves will follow over the next week.

Rathstar

For reference here's the army taking to the tournament tomorrow (I submitted the list before I got lots of good advice about piranhas, so I will be trying out losing the last kroot squad and a broadside to include 2 piranhas in the near future):

Shas'el - 107
Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi-tracker, 2 Gun Drones

3 Crisis Suits - 211
Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi-tracker
Team Leader upgrade with 2 Gun Drones

2 Crisis Suits - 124
Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi-tracker
(joined by Shas'el, sometimes later in the game if he wants to improve the kroot wall's leadership)

3 Crsisi Suits - 163
1 with Twin-linked Missile Pods & 2 Gun Drones
2 with Missile Pod, Burst Cannon, Multi-tracker

6 Fire Warriors - 60

10 Kroot with 7 Hounds - 112

10 Kroot with 7 Hounds - 112

10 Kroot - 70

8 Pathfinders - 96
in Devilfish with Disruption Pod - 85

Hammerhead - 165
Railgun, 2 Burst Cannons, Multi-tracker, Disruption Pod

Hammerhead - 165
Railgun, 2 Burst Cannons, Multi-tracker, Disruption Pod

3 Broadsides - 280
Advanced Stabilisation Systems
Leader Upgrade with Target Lock & 2 Shield Drones

1750 Points, 83 models, 14 Kill Points

3 comments:

  1. Thanks.

    Rules pack read,

    Dice, templates & tape measure packed,

    Google Map printed,

    Praying to the Etherals for a good draw commenced :)

    Rathstar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck at the tournament. I'm trying to get a list together for escalation now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails