Friday 23 July 2010

An Update


Hi,

Well you may have noticed that there hasn't been a post in a while. The reason is that real life has been so busy since I returned from holiday with attending interviews, hassling recruitment agencies, and doing the tasks my other half expects me to do now that I'm not working.

During the last month I have managed to get a bit of gaming in, and I do intend to finish my report of the Basingstoke tournament I attended, and do a quick recap of my performance at the Rapid Strike tournament in Reading. Of course they will be briefer than my normal battle reports (given the time since the battles occurred).

Soon after returning from holiday I played my mates Blood Angels, so I will post my first impressions of this new foe.

I also got in a game using my Space Wolves, well not my Space Wolves as I was using a mates marines. The game has really inspired me to build the rest of my Space Wolves. The game was against Tyranids and was brutal on both sides :)

I've even managed to get in two games of Warhammer with my Skaven. I hadn't played with my Skaven since the new army book came out, so dealing with a new army book and a new rulebook was interesting. Both games were fun, and my first impressions of how I needed to change my list from how I used to play proved pretty much correct (ie. bigger blocks to maintain steadfast longer, and more units that actually did damage), I just needed to take it further with using units that actually did damage.

I have two more tournaments to attend over the next two months, both at 1750 Pts. Both are 1-day tournaments, one 4 games, the other 3 games. I've updated the tournament list on the right hand pane with the new tournament. My Space Wolves haven't got a chance of being ready in time, so I will be taking my trusty Tau.

So finally apologies for those of you who were waiting for more updates, and below is a list of posts I hope to post over the next week or so:

A Small Matter of Honour Tournament, Part 2 of 2
Rapid Strike Tournament Debrief
Skaven Experiences in 8th - A New Beginning
Space Wolves - A Start is Made

Rathstar

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails